Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Greetings from Maryland

"Walk home to an empty house,
sit around all by yourself
I know it might sound strange, but I believe
You'll be coming back before too long
Don't go back to Rockville"
REM

Got to have lunch with my mom who said my belly looked smaller
and get to see a whole bunch of my friends tomorrow at the Cracked Claw OTB.
Also get to my favorite dentist of all time Timmy Dunn on friday morning for
some tooth work or lack of tooth work I guess would be more appropriate. The
first step in a bridge.
I snuck into a weight watchers meeting tuesday before I left and
had lost another 1.6 lbs pushing me up to 16 lbs since I got home. I am trying
to do 10 a month so I am ahead of pace but slowing down. Travel is not good for
diet or exercise but you learn to make better decisions and it helps. Hold the
cheese, no onion rings I said to the slightly stunned waiter today at lunch.
Plus I am trying to limit diet sodas and opted for some iced tea. I still reach
for the sweet n lo which I am sure has killed many a lab rat in its day.
Speaking of today's quote by REM I am very excited to see the
boys from Athens June 5th in Chicago at the United Center. More excited 'cause
my very good friend Tom Scott is their accountant and he and his family are
flying in for the show. And of course that means backstage for the concert. I
doubt I'll see weird groupies and guitar players snorting lines off an amp like
my last trip backstage at the 1981 REO Speedwagon show.
Services are saturday for my grandmother and 4/5 ths of my
family will be in attendance. Sadly I can not remember the last time 5/5ths of
my family was together but maybe this year at Thanksgiving. It was awfully nice
of Maryland to schedule a basketball tournament in Orlando that weekend.
Everything else is well. I miss Maryland but I sure don't miss the traffic. All
my best Peace, Jim

No comments: