Familiar faces around me
Laughter fills the air
Your loving grace surrounds me
Turn it up, turn it up, turn it up, turn it up
Meet me at Mary's place, we're gonna have a party
So I have been limping around this week, much more than normally, after getting landing a little funny playing volleyball on Sunday. It has kept me from doing much cardio, it hasn't kept me from working out. Much more sit ups, arms, shoulder, chest and back than normal, but no treadmill, no mall, and no pick up volleyball. One thing that sucks bad about getting older is the fact that it seems to take forever to recoup from an injury and you almost feel that these injuries will stick with you for the rest of your life. I had a sore shoulder from August thru November and now this. I never got injuries sitting on my couch, but the activity and mostly the playing volleyball has brought my such joy these last couple years that I can not imagine being without it. So if it means I limp, or I am sore in places I shouldn't be sore, or I creak and crackle when I stand up....Screw it it's well worth it.
A little bit about food. I have been to the supermarket every day this week in preparation for our Super Bowl party. But I have made a very conscious decision to eat less this week, to help prepare for Sunday. Taking joy from food is not a bad thing when done on occasion and when you realize it and prepare and recover the way you know you should. I will never be the person who can say no to good times and parties. I think I have a little too much hedonism in me :) I am, however a person who realizes that calories are like a charge on a credit card and if you are going to spend extra on the weekend be cheap the week before and really tighten the belt afterwards.
So with all that being said I hope everyone has a wonderful Super Bowl. Go Cardinal's for Kristin and Owner Bill Bidwell who is a Georgetown Prep alum like me. I saw The Reader this week and just have Benjamin Button left on the list of Best picture Nominations. I liked it okay, and am sure it was a tremendous book that lost a lot in the transition to the screen. Kate Winslet is excellent and very naked throughout much of the film. It probably doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 but is well above average.
Wednesday 400 sit ups, medicine ball tosses, biceps, triceps, neck
Thursday 400 sit ups, medicine ball tosses, shoulders, chest, lats, calfs
As always have a great week and enjoy "The Boss" in what should be a memorable halftime this year. Here is the Super Bowl Quiz we will be partaking in at the Trudeau Party this year: Peace, Jim
TRUDEAU Super Bowl Quiz 2009
1 Will Jennifer Hudson
Speak before the anthem begins
Speak after the anthem ends
2. Will she be introduced as “Oscar Winner” Jennifer Hudson?
3. The Coin Toss.
4. Who Receives the Opening Kickoff?
5. The first animal we see will be:
Bird or Fish or Bear
6. The first player to score a touchdown’s jersey number
7. What happens first?
Field goal attempt
Fumble lost or interception
8. The first time we see a Pirate Ship:
9. The first Kickoff of the game will be:
Returned and placed outside the 29 yard line
Returned inside the 29 or not returned
10. The first Internet site advertised will be
11. Will there be any scoring in the first 7 minutes of the game
12. The first Movie ad we see:
Monster v Aliens
13. Will we see Tom Hanks, Tom Brady, or Tom Cruise?
14. Will we see any Manning’s?
More than one
15. Will we hear the name Obama?
16. Who will you see first at the game?
Kurt Warner’s Wife
Any other relative of a player or coach
17 The first commercial using a sports star will have a player from
Basketball, Baseball, or Swimming
Auto Racing, Boxing, or Soccer
Any other sport
18. First Television Show Ad we see
30 Rock, Law and Order, ER or Earl
Biggest Loser, Dateline, or Heroes
Some other show
HALFTIME FUN AND GAMES
19. Bruce Springsteen’s first song will be:
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
10th Ave freeze-out
Any other song
20. Will Steve Van Zandt be wearing a scarf or bandana?
21. Will Bruce ever touch his wife, Patti?
22. Will anyone not in the band be on stage dancing?
23. Will Bruce be wearing blue jeans?
24. Bruce and the band will play a song off the new album
25. Clarence will be wearing a shirt that is:
White, Black, or Grey
Red, Orange, Pink, Blue, or Green
Some other single color
26. Bruce will speak the words E- Street Band or “big” to the crowd
27. Last Song played at halftime
Born to Run
Born in the USA
Any Other Song
28. How many people throw a pass in the game?
2 or less
3 or more
29. The first commercial after the start of the second half:
Movie or Car
Food or Soda
30. Will you hear the name Michelle, Heinz, Cowher, or Slumdog?
31. Who will have the ball to start the 4th Quarter?
32. Will we ever see a girl in a bathing suit or hear the word “Ybor” or “Gasparilla”?
33. Will we ever here the words “this economy”?
34. Will Larry Fitzgerald score a touchdown?
35 The first car we see advertised will be from
36 Will we see a current member of Saturday Night Live?
37 What will you see first?
John Madden’s bus
Jerome “the bus” Bettis
Any other bus
38. Will we ever see Pepsi in a Coke commercial or Coke in a Pepsi commercial?
39. Who will we see first?
Someone wearing an animal suit
40. Will we ever see a stretcher or cart with a player on it?
41. First time that we see John Madden?
Wearing a sports coat
Not wearing a sports coat
42. The final outcome of the game
Steelers win by less than 8
Steelers win by 8 or more
43 Total points scored in the game:
55 or more
44. The last play of the game will be
A running play
A passing play
A QB kneeling down
45. First person interviewed after the game