Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BRRRRR

silver trees and a whispering breeze
are my sight and my sound
the thought of heaven couldn’t drag me from the path
when I’m wandering here alone
The Sunday's


It's tuesday night here in Madison and the weather reporters have big grin's on their face cause they lead every newscast with stories like "coldest days in a decade" and "unsafe wind chills in the negative 40's." The temperatures between now and saturday morning are expected to drop and drop some more. Lows in the negative teens, and highs around negative five. It's going to be hard to leave the house for the next 48 hours, and awfully hard to find a reason to actually want to leave. I put in two strong days of exercise and good eating in advance of this weather and hope to get out, but they are calling for snow on top of the cold so it is anyone's guess when that will be.



I also want to talk about two really good things. My new favorite movie for the year is 'Doubt', and I will be saluting one of my all-time favorite cds with this weeks quotes The cd is Static and Silence by the band The Sunday's. The album was released in 1997 and they have been on "hiatus" ever since.


Food Log

Monday
Breakfast half a grapefruit and tuna on greens
Lunch Jacky and I split some popcorn at the movies
Dinner: whole grain pasta, with homemade sauce and meatballs, and a giant salad


Tuesday
Breakfast Half a grapefruit, turkey sandwich with pickles
Lunch Peanut butter sandwich, 100 cal pretzels
Dinner 2 chicken Breasts, baked potato, cole slaw light dressing
Snack ice cream sandwich


Exercise Log
Monday
200 sit ups
35 minutes mall walking
20 circuits at the gym


Tuesday
25 minutes mall walking ( traffic)
weights, sit ups, stretches at the gym
2 hours volleyball


Stay Warm Peace, Jim

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hey Jim, its been a while since I've checked in with you!! It sounds like you're doing great, and are happy!!
Im glad to hear of your endorsement of "Doubt" its the next flick on my list to see. Im still reeling from seeing Seven Pounds!! I need to slip in a comedy first and then go see Doubt. Keep up the great work and the fun blog!!