Thursday, December 11, 2008

Only 13 shopping days remain!!


So I’m told, so the story goes

The people he knew were Less than golden-hearted

Gamblers and robbers

Drinkers and jokers

All soul searchers

Like you and me

His heart was full of love, love, love

Love, love, love

Love, love was all around

Dave Matthews, The Christmas Song


One week back in Wisconsin, lots of trips to the gym, back to playing volleyball, a new weight bench for the house and a trip to weight watchers where the scale said +3lbs. Which in reality I was pretty happy to see. It had been a month since I had been on the scale at WW and I was slightly relieved with the number which seems counterproductive but I knew there had been a trip to Florida, Thanksgiving, a Xmas party and a lot of sitting around watching snow and football. Winter presents a new challenge for me, not in the sense that I haven't faced 40 some winters but it's my first winter since fitness ridge and I am an outdoor exercise, give me some sunshine, kind of guy. I'm also a football addict and by addict, I mean serious Robert Downey-esque addict. I think sitting around snacking and watching football is a big share of my problem, so while it sadly is winding down a piece of me is happy that I can spend that time being slightly more productive. And by more more productive I don't mean watching every ACC basketball game.






So Christmas is rapidly approaching and I love Christmas. I have been shopping, and making lists, checking them twice and what not. I had a great time at a Christmas party Saturday. We have the Sunshine Daydream Christmas party this week which is always a blast. we finally got around to getting this years Christmas tree up and decorated.


That brings me to this weeks top five list which is the five greatest Christmas songs of all time:
5. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams
4. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra
3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen
2. The Christmas Song Dave Matthews Band
1. Merry Christmas Darling by The Carpenter's



As today's title says there are only 13 shopping days left until Christmas and to be honest we have not seen any bump in the traffic at the store. I'm not blaming it on the recession yet, more I am blaming it on the 8 inches of snow this week, and the continued temperatures in the teens, and the fact it gets dark at 4:30 pm. No matter what happens I'm not going to complain, I have had an amazing year, the store has had a great year, and I know 2009 portends for even greater things for me. Peace and Joy, Jim


PS If Bobby C or Eddie Hef is reading this could you guys email me or call me thx.

No comments: