I raise a glass to the mess that is you.
and drink til I unbreak.
I want to glue you back together
'cause we're birds of a feather.
And leave destruction in our wake.
If we've got to go.
This is the way I want go.
Oh I'm going to die for your love...for your love.
Just wanted to wish everyone the happiest of New Years and New Decades. I hope 2010 is an even better year for all of us. Here are some of my many memories of 2009.
My top 5 movies of 2009
5. It's Complicated. Very Funny, well acted, not much of a story
4. State of Play. A nice thriller
3. UP. Really cute and probably my favorite animated movie since Jungle Book
2. 500 days of Summer. Quirky Fun and different. Amazing story of lost love
1. Up In The Air. I loved this movie and would put it near the top of my decade list. The actors are brilliant. The story so timely and well told. Flawless in my mind. Pure Genius.
My Top cd's of 2009
When I started to write this list I was hoping that I could come up with 5 I came up with 2 and a half.
1. Ingrid Michaelson Everybody. Fabulous, well written, and well she was in my car so that's a huge bonus :)
2. Jenny Lewis Acid Tongue. I really liked this cd and loved her live show
3. Glee vol 2 The show is fun, the music really fun
4. Jim Vol. 1 Nothing makes me happier than when people make me cd's of music I will like.. Thanks Allison
5. Peace, Love, and Volleyball. Thanks Jaime....and thanks to Marissa as well
My top concerts of 2009.
It may not have been a great year for new music but it was a really great year for concerts.
5. Jenny Lewis @ The Barrymore My top show in a small Madison venue. Lively and much better than I imagined going in
4. Steely Dan Palms/Riverside Saw these guys twice and they were fabulous
3. Sara Bareilles at Schuba's in Chicago. My favorite singer, front row, in a 200 person venue. Never would have thought that day that I would have seen 3 better shows this year
2. Bruce Springsteen at the Bradley Center. The Boss is simply the greatest performer ever. This concert was fun and eye opening to the power of music
1. Billy Joel and Elton John at the Kohl Center/Wrigley Field. Raved after the first one, got amazing tickets to the second show and sang along to every song. Two consummate performers playing to their fans. Wasn't cheap but it was worth every damn penny, and then some :)
My Favorite moments of 2009
5. Having a serious bulky gym dude look amazed as I did 100 sit ups with the medicine ball followed by my trainer quitting after doing ten.
4. Ingrid Michaelson in my car.
3. Finding my old picture of me and Gary Williams and comparing it with the one this year
2. Scaling Camelback and heading into the vortex in Utah. A long ass way from my first "hike" at the Ridge.
1. Winning the Monday Night Volleyball championship. It had been decades since I had felt on a sports court as joyous as I did that night. Just an improbable comeback when we were beaten. I was so proud and still am of my teammates that night. It made me very very very HAPPY.
That's my wrap up. I had a wonderful year. Look forward to another great year in 2010. I made so many new and wonderful friends this year. I have so much to be thankful for. And that includes my return to Fitness Ridge on January 31st. I will be there 6 weeks thru March 14th, get to spend a week in Vegas with some of my life long friends and then March 21st thru April 4th back at the Ridge with my first triathlon on April 3rd. I am excited. Peace Love and Auld Lang Syne, Jim