Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 Fifths







You're the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Steve Miller Band



Well I am out of Minnesota musicians and Lake Superior songs so I am heading east to Wisconsin and UW alumnus Steve Miller who has two of my most favorite song fruit references with the above song and also the crate of papaya he hoped to deliver in Jungle Love.

Thursday started at 5:15 with a weigh-in.... Don't bother asking because I don't have a clue. They didn't tell me. If it's not great I will not be happy but I'm not worried about it, it's just got to be good. I am tired of looking at the clock all night and trying to determine just how few hours I have left before the alarm goes off. It is never enough. I will later in the day realize I have already worked out 4 hours and it is only 11 in the morning and I'm not half way done.

Today's morning 5 K included a little add-on going out the sea wall to the light house on the point. And got the added bonus of getting to see the EPA boat the Lake Explorer II. This boat travels all of the Great Lakes and was recently in Lake Tahoe. The crew seemed happy to spend a few minutes answering questions from the nautically challenged guy sweating through his sweatshirt.









I spent a few minutes doing what I was warned not to do by the sign on the door...but I was a long way from humanity and figured one wrung for a photo op would be ok. I just can't get over the scenery here. So very stunning. The weather has been odd and seems to change 20 degrees in 10 minutes and the fog has been rolling in regularly. It's a little like Maine but without the sweet lobster I miss.








After our morning session we headed down to Duluth, about 26 miles south of here for a day at a boutique gym for spin class and TRX class. I actually enjoyed the spin class, probably because my knees and feet weren't feeling much of the pressure they have been all week. The spin class lasted just over an hour we got a 5 minute break and right into a 50 minute TRX class. TRX is a body weight strap concoction that was most likely conceived in some sado-masochist's basement. I felt awkward, weak, tired and clueless and when it was time to slip our feet into the straps I just sat down and laughed. I understand you can get a great workout with these but I'm not ready to be a fan. As evidenced by the picture they may be a fun add-on to your bathroom.

Our afternoon hike was along the water in downtown Duluth. Certainly one huge bonus was the fact that I packed my volleyball for the trip down. I have certainly missed playing this week. Can't wait to get back out there next week. And hopefully a little quicker, and a little lighter. Thanks to Life Coach Kelly for hitting with me today...I may take a couple day break from the blog as I am heading out very early Saturday morning for the long drive home and then back to the Dells for a Saturday night 3 Dog Night concert. But I promise a full blown wrap up of Fitness North as soon as possible. Happy Thursday to everyone...Peace, Love and College Football, Jim











3 comments:

karen said...

your work outs are amazing. I felt like I got a work out just reading this.

Renovar Dni said...

I’m impressed, I need to say. Truly seldom do I encounter a blog that is each educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your notion is outstanding; the issue is a thing that not adequate individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am really happy that I stumbled across this in my search for some thing relating to this.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.