Friday, February 6, 2009

Groundhog and Beyond

Blank stares at blank pages
No easy way to say this
You mean well, but you make this hard on me
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'Cause you asked for it'
Cause you need one, you see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
Sara Bareilles

Sorry people I know it has been awhile, so let's get caught up. First off good luck to my girl who I have been praising since the onset of this thing. Sara Bareilles is nominated for Song of the Year in this Sunday's Grammy Awards. I hope she wins and I get to see her in concert in less than a month in a ridiculously small venue called Schuba's in Chicago. Speaking of concerts, I get to go see Ben Taylor Sunday night in a little club here in Madison. Not familiar to you? He is the son of Carly Simon and James Taylor. Hard to beat those genes.




























Sunday was our annual Super Bowl party. It was a packed house, dogs, children, adults who act like children, and of course the happy hostess dishing out jello shot after jello shot. The food was plentiful as you can see by the photo above. I'm not certain that counting the calories that day would even be possible but they tasted good. The game itself was fabulous with virtually everyone in the house rooting for the Cardinals and while most of the people were unhappy with the outcome a few including me took solace in the fact that they lost by less than 6.5 points :)



I had a job interview this week. I'm not really actively looking for work, but occasionally something will pop up that I feel I am qualified to do and I'll apply for it. I am only applying for state work, as in the benefits would make giving up my current "workload" acceptable. There is still the problem of convincing the fine hiring people of the state of Wisconsin that running a hippie store for ten plus years somehow makes me qualified to monitor criminals on house arrest but I do have that law degree. Anyway I doubt I'll get the job as I believe there were in the neighborhood of 30 people interviewing for it. Not to mention it would really screw up my plans to be in the west for the month of March.



Just a little talk about exercise this week. It hasn't been the greatest week. I am still hobbling around trying to get over this little knee thing. One day it feels 95% the next 75%. I guess we will see come Sunday when I get back out on the volleyball court. I was in the gym 2 out of the last 3 days, I did get back on the treadmill, and I have been pounding out sit ups and upper body work. But I need long sessions of cardio and I have not felt comfortable enough to fully embrace that yet. Speaking of which Jacky is a mere 10 days away from her trek up the mountain in St George. For me it is 43 days.




I am going to leave you with an old picture and a new picture. The boat shot is from our engagement party almost 12 years ago and the recent shot is from Wednesday night team trivia. I hope everyone has a great weekend and stay warm Peace, Jim




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a lovely couple. Jacky looks as if she has lost quite some weight in the last 12 years.
I really hope to meet her one day (you promsied a stop sign hike on the 6th.....are you still on?)
Take care
Sabine

jimgoterps said...

Thank you for the kind words... I promise I will not leave St George until after meeting you. A lot will depend on the housing situation at the ridge as to whether I can stay unti monday or not, but I promise I will stay at least through dinner Sunday the 5th.

mam said...

Oh, those pictures of you and Jacky really made me miss you guys! I hope you can make your way out here to the Pacific NW sometime to say hi.

Melissa

Sabine said...

My friend,

(I hope I am not going overboard calling you a friend...)
You promised a stopsign hike with us "newbies" arriving on the 5th...for the following morning.

I think the Ridge better finds a way to put you up for one more night (being such a good customer).
I will not settle for less.

Anybody from FR reading this - you got the message????

Sweet Baby James is becoming an icon to the Ridge and I think that it is important that he is getting the special accomodation he deserves.

Take care everybody
hugs
Sabine