Saturday, September 19, 2009

Feet dont fail me now

Let me go on
Like a blister in the sun
Let me go on
Big hands I know you're the one
Violent Femmes
Wanted to say a few words about the most common injury that I see at the Ridge. BLISTERS!!!! Fortunately I don't see them on my feet. I have had exactly one that lasted exactly one day. Thank you feet. I know I put you through an awful lot and frankly I know you probably didn't hit any foot lottery getting assigned to me. I owe you a giant foot massage but imagine how bad the poor masseuse would feel rubbing your stinky selves. So I'll just let the hot tub jets work their magic for now. Thanks to my foot models who proudly showed off their hiking scars. And I never see a blister at the Ridge without thinking of one of my favorite campers of all time Wendy from Minnesota who had a case of the blisters that has been unmatched in modern history.











Dana from NYC showing off the heel and the tattoo that reminds me of Sunshine Daydream














Kim from Seattle shared this bizarre blister. Hard to see this one but it was between the nail and the big toe sprouting out like a balloon.

















Outer heel and big as a quarter.











Jen from Denver the proud owner of two different toe blisters.





















Do you feel like I do ? Went and saw Peter Frampton at Tuacahn Amphitheater Wednesday night. I have seen so many great shows this year. This one is not really on the list but it was fun to hear a few of his hits and anyone in my age bracket can easily remember the Frampton Comes Alive double album. Like many of us Peter was sporting much less hair than in the mid 70's.







Very cute Annie and Daddy Warbucks. But goodness Sandy has seen better days for sure. Thanks to Jen and Maria for a fun night at the Frampton show. Annie is playing at Tuacahn as well. It is an amazing venue, carved out of the Red Rocks, and really a must see if you are ever in the area. Picturesque does not do it justice. Peace, love and the sun coming up tomorrow, Jim








No comments: