Friday, April 4, 2008

Two Amazing People I need to thank




"I’ve got an angel
She doesn’t wear any wings
She wears a heart that could melt my own
She wears a smile that could make me want to sing
She gives me presents
With her presence alone
She gives me everything I could wish for
She gives me kisses on the lips just for coming home
She's so busy changing the world
Just one smile can change all of mine
We share the same soul"
Jack Johnson

I have two extraordinary thank yous I need to pass on today. The first one is to my loving, wonderful wife who has sacrificed so much for me to do this. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge her contribution to my journey not just at fitness ridge but all of my life. In no way would I have been able to do any of this if she had not stepped up and run the business, the house, the dogs, and everything else it took to keep us floating while I was attacking this mountain. I am forever grateful for her ability to love me.











Last trip to the stop sign and representing Sunshine Daydream on top of the mountain( a sweaty rep)





Manly man getting his facial, probably should have waxed that hairy chest instead.
Diane and her dog Lucy. Diane has been here 5 of my 6 weeks and will be missed dearly. She is a delightful, charming, beautiful woman whose husband needs to recognize all her gifts.


My second big thank you goes to I'm not sure. Someone, and to be 100% honest with you I have no idea whom, has made an incredible gesture of kindness to me. I fear I will never be able to properly thank them for what they have done. It is without a doubt the nicest thing short of saying I Do that I can ever remember someone doing for me. Whomever is responsible for this I hope you will let me know because I want to thank you properly, but if you choose not to I will respect those wishes. I am flabbergasted that someone would do this, I was frankly shocked and amazed when I heard.

As I was sweating my ass off yesterday in treading class on the treadmill, John the reservation guy said he needed to see me. In his office he told me that someone, and he would not tell me whom, had made it possible for me to spend 6 more weeks at Fitness Ridge at no additional cost to myself. He said I could do it right now or later. I need to go home for a little while. I need to take to this stuff to the real world. I need to see my wife, my dogs, my business. But I will be back, and I will be back soon, most likely in late August and September for 6 more weeks of Fitness Ridge. And to whomever made this possible I can only say. Thank you, I love you, and will use your kindness and extreme generosity to make you proud.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and I will give you all a complete wrap-up when I get home. I will do my best to keep this thing going with updates during the summer, and I will kick it up a notch when I come back. Peace, Jim




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too, honey.
wifey.

WashingtonSQDNCR said...

Congratulations on making it to the stop sign, Jim. We enjoyed meeting you during our week there. From the trailer folks.
Bob and Connie