Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's like a heat wave burning in my heart


If you were falling, then I would catch you
You need a light, I'd find a match

Cuz I love the way you say good morning
And you take me the way I am

If you are chilly, here take my sweater
Your head is aching; I'll make it better

Cuz I love the way you call me baby
And you take me the way I am

I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair
Sew on patches to all you tear

Cuz I love you more than I could ever promise
And you take me the way I am
You take me the way I am
You take me the way I am



Ingrid Michaelson



I want to wrap up the filming with all the post hike ridiculousness. Upon getting back to the ridge the camera crew set up on the grass by the dorms and Katie, Kamy, and I hit balls for around 15 minutes. Thanks to both of these girls for taking the time to do this and for the record they can both really play. It was the one thing I asked the producer not to completely discard. After that it was onto the bike, where they again shadowed me in the van. I rode back and forth a few times hoping that Renee would not drive into me and more likely me lose control of the bike and crash into her.

Next was lunch and for the record eating soup with a camera 4 inches from your face and a boom mike over your head is not my idea of fun. All I could think of was please tell me nothing is hanging out of my nose and don't slurp the soup. I got to sit in a lecture for 30 minutes while they took shots. Afternoon was circuit class where I got in treadmill, medicine ball sit-ups, elliptical, and some free weights. Followed that with step and pump where the thought of me being filmed trying to keep up was very unappealing. When I wasn't being filmed I was bent over gasping. I did get out ten minutes early so they could swim me doing laps to complete the elements of the triathlon. Next was pool class and I had forgotten they were even around. They wrapped up with some late interviews and called it a day at 7pm. They are talking about pushing the air date back to April and filming the tri but we shall see and I will keep you posted on the air date.

So on Tuesday and Wednesday I tried hard to increase my cardio as that is what is going to be the major component of the triathlon. Look if one of the legs was kickboxing I would be spending time doing that but I need to up the running as much as possible. On top of the morning hikes I have been doing an extra 3-5 miles a day on the treadmill doing interval sprints and building stamina. I have also ratcheted up my sit ups knocking out close to 300 yesterday alone. I, of course, have grabbed a few fellow campers to indoctrinate them into this ab work. It's always fun to watch them struggle to do 15 with the 8lb ball and then to do 60 with the 12lb catching and throwing with one hand. I have asked for some bigger balls and hope they arrive soon.

The sun came out yesterday afternoon and this place is even more special when it is beautiful outside. It was only (sorry rest of the country) 60 degrees but it felt delightful, especially after the morning ice had me cancelling walking the path for the treadmill. The paths can get some black ice this time of year and I don't need to be taking a header. Off to run hills this morning with Eric, and then a couple treading interval classes this afternoon. Plus a couple pool classes and some laps. You would think I would be exhausted but I haven't been sleeping well and just think all this work does something to my body and 5 hours of sleep is all I need. Who knows? We did lose a fellow camper on Tuesday for "business" in Vegas and he has been MIA since then and my no weekending in Vegas will blow throw week two this weekend no problem. Want to know why? Saturday night is SOBER KARAOKE!!!!!

I hope everyone has a happy Thursday, it has been a really good week. I am excited and ready to go. Peace and Love, Jim




1 comment:

Sabine said...

I can't wait for the show....I am so proud of you.....I know I am not the only one.
Kudos to Jachy who, again, has to be without you. But it is for a healthier life for both of you.
And BTW where do I stand in my bet to win a week at the ridge...????
Keep up your blogs, I savour them!