Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And the wind cries Mary

"Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smilin' at everybody she sees
Who's reachin' out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy"
The Association
Today was WINDY, so windy that you actually felt like you might
blow off the mountain. The canyon had 30-40 mph gusts and sustained winds in the 20's with temperatures in the 40's. There were quite a few people unprepared for the morning walk. But being hardy and wise and from Wisconsin you just know that wasn't the case with me, I mean unless you consider the fact I was the only person on the hike in shorts. The good news was the cold wind made my legs so numb I couldn't feel the shin splint that has been bothering me since the weekend. The bad news was they cancelled pool class. I spent that hour in the hot tub which is just pure bliss after a cold hike.
Afternoon was circuit training and as I have stated before it's
two minutes on a cardio machine and then two minutes on a weight lifting
machine. Anyway, let me give you a small piece of advice if you ever take
a circuit class. Never pick the spot that follows the sweatiest guy in the
class, because every machine you're on will have a nice sheen on it from
sweaty guys persperation. Now this is not really an issue for me because
I'm usually the sweatiest guy in the class, but today I drew the slot behind a guy that sweated like a Republican senator in an airport
bathroom. So the best thing you can do after you figure out you have
this spot is start looking to see where there is another opening in the
rotation, get some water, and sort of wander into the new spot "by
mistake."
I wish I had something new and exciting to tell you, Lunch
was the lettuce wraps (see week one) dinner was the terriyaki bowl( see week 2) breakfast was eggs and raisin toast(see week one and 2). Tomorrow is "pizza" and salmon burgers. I have really stopped trying to figure out what is in the heads of the democratic voters in this country or how the people in Vermont are so different than those in Rhode Island or the people of Wisconsin are so different than the people of Ohio. Anyway I hope it's warm where you are and give your pets some extra love 'cause I sure miss mine. Peace, Jim

1 comment:

Karen Kittelson said...

Sounds like things are going great for you! You most likely have lost a lot more extra weight then the 27 pounds, but it is showing up in your lean mean muscle weight! Keep up trucking up that mountain, and maybe add a yoga stretch class? Kick boxing? Sounds like you are enjoying the hot tub and water fitness, keep on making those waves!!