Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fitness Ridge is everywhere

" All you need is Love,
Love is all you need"
The Beatles
So I am coming out of the Mirage at midnight monday evening and out of the corner of my eye I see them Jerry and Homa. A happy Canadien couple who spent 4 weeks at Fitness Ridge three of which coincided with me. Jerry would routinely knock out 13 miles of walking in the mornings. He looked a helluva lot happier sucking on that stoogie enjoying St Paddy's day then I ever saw him look on the mountain. And I am pretty sure it was a coincidence and not a fitness ridge spy but I am keeping a little better lookout know.
The Beatles/Cirque show Love is an aquired taste and after two viewings I don't have it. The music is marvelous but it is not enough to make up for the lack of cohesiveness and mediocre stunts. Maybe I am being slightly harsh but it's not for me, too much modern dance, too much symbolism that flys over the heads of 90% of the audience, and just too much of everything going on at once none of which is all that special. Give me Mamma Mia anyday.

No comments: