Friday, March 14, 2008

I know what girls like

"I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
I don't want this feeling to go away"
Jack Johnson
Who says they don't make good music anymore? The 2000's have seen an amazing renaissance of fabulous musicians making wonderful music. If you haven't made it out of the 70's or 80's do it. Embrace these fine young entertainers: Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Sara Bareilles, Dave Matthews Band, Tristan Prettyman, Jason Mraz, and Aimee Mann.
So I learned something about girls that I did not know and it is how to make them exceedingly happy. Everyone here at fitness ridge is hungry. And for 12 hundred calories they do an excellent job of making you feel full. But no matter what you call it tofu whip on grape nuts for dessert is in no way pie, just cause you add banana flavor or espresso flavor does not turn these dishes into banana cream pie or tiramisu. So after a few nights of tofu whip the dessert last night was chocolate covered strawberries. I have never seen the look of happiness come over the face of so many women simultaneously. I saw women licking plates. I saw women scraping other peoples plate. There is no doubt that even joking like you were stealing a strawberry would have resulted in you pulling back a bloody nub. The guys were happy but the girls they were over the moon. So diet desserts followed by chocolate covered strawberries will make the girls swoon, it's like diamonds only way cheaper.
A couple other notes from this week. First two Marylanders here this week, a 1999 Magruder grad and a Potomac resident with a son at Mater Dei and a daughter at Stone Ridge. The world is indeed very small. I was in Mesquite last night to watch the Terps lose again. I ended up going to sleep around 12:30 am which was a record by at least two hours since I got here. Morning sure came fast when you stay up late. The happy mountain assaulting owners were in Salt Lake this week so no extra help up the hill. I did see my first lizard this week and lots of bunnies. I have no idea why Easter is so early this year. Reading about Elliot Spitzer just makes me laugh man the harder the politicians seek to "save us from ourselves" the more likely it seems these same zealots are freaks behind closed doors.
There was a small prison break this week on Terriyaki bowl night. We headed to a little Mexican place in town but no chips, and somewhat sensible eating. Some of the staff headed down to Vegas today, not to gamble of course but to see BYU in their conference tourney. Speaking of Vegas I head there tomorrow. I will not miss my friend Mr. Mountain but I will be seeing him again for two weeks in only 7 short days. Vegas will be interesting especially when I am asleep every night at 9 pm. I will try to blog a little from Vegas but no big promises. I hope everyone has a great week. Peace, Jim

No comments: