Monday, February 18, 2008

Day One

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need"
By The Rolling Stones
I apologize for not staying more up to date but i hadn't done anything too exciting in Vegas. I arrived last night in St George around 4 pm. I was ready to check in to my new 6 week home but there were a number of issues with over crowding and strange roommate assignments. If you really want the whole story email me and i'll pass it on but I am hopeful they will rectify the problems and I am not going to publish them unless it is not resolved to my satisfaction.
Today started at 5:30 am and in the gym at 6 am. First order of the day some stretching and weightlifting followed by a 30 minute warm up on the treadmill. I would call that my full workout last week, now its my warm up. We next had breakfast of wheat bagel, egg whites and turkey bacon. Not too Bad. The first big event of the day is the hike in Snow canyon. 4.5 miles straight uphill. Now I am no mountain climber and it showed. I was struggling at the 1.5 mile mark and out at the 2 mile mark. The reaction I got from most people that saw me was "Are you okay, dude?" Well not so much but it's a start.
I got back to the complex at 10:30. Spent a half hour in the hot tub, followed by a 75 minute water aerobics class. I have always been a water rat so this was not terribly hard and enjoyable.
We had lunch next which was a salad and a pita with a salad in it and some mushroom soup. Not so much, I grabbed an orange and some carrots and made the best of it. We had a one hour class dealing with budgeting calories most noteable was the fact that I had to get up twice to poop. High fiber and gallons of water make Jim not want to stray to far from the bathroom.
2:30 was the beginning of circuit training. Now this was a bitch and a half. 34 stations two minutes each with one being cardio bike, elliptical, treadmill, then two minutes on a weight machine as hard as you can go about 20 seconds in between each station and a little over an hour and a half of torture. After stumbling to my room I had about 45 minutes to lie down and seriously contemplated calling it a night but dragged myself into dinner. A very small chicken breast over a dollup of purple mashed potatoes and 4 asperagus. dessert was a lovely mango tofu whip. All and all a decent meal, I could have eaten 5 of them. I then spent 30 minutes discussing politics and creation and pro life with a couple of Christian sisters and Huckabee supporters. It's now 7:18 pm and i am heading to bed please excuse the grammar spelling etcetera I am way too tired to proofread. I can only imagine my level of soreness and just for good measure I picked up a nice little sunburn in the pool today. Tomorrow should be interesting goal number one make it further up the hill. I also am lacking the energy for wittiness or fun facts but I promise that will return :) Peace

2 comments:

Alex said...

That workout regimen will completely change your volleyball game…Look out Club Tavern.

Let all the Christian soldiers know that Obama has the lowest body fat of remaining candidates.

Karen Kittelson said...

What a way to start the week. Great job in hanging in there and not running to your car to take a trip back. Remember it is cold here, that should make you happy as you play in the pool and hot tub. Did you remember your rubber ducky? kk