Friday, February 22, 2008

TGIF

"Raindrops keep falling on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red"
By Burt Bacharach and Hal David
Friday and it is raining here in Utah and it's a very cold rain but that does not deter your happy campers as at 8 am, after a breakfast of french toast, we are back out on the trail and heading up the hill. Now I owe my knees much props, they have held up well, my lower back and I need to reach an agreement that we are still working on.
Last night for dinner we had salmon burgers with green beans, if you closed your eyes real tight and worked your imagination it was just like a crab cake sandwich back in Maryland. The highlight for me was the pickles on the salad bar. Lunch today was bean tostados, which got dressed up with tobasco and salsa but again way edible.
The afternoon classes today are hip-hop dancing and living drums and while I am certain the thought/picture you have in your head of me hip hop dancing is keeping you entertained, I am opting instead for the pool for some lap swimming. Maybe next week for hip hop. Yesterday afternoon I took a treading class. I thought treading, excellent back in the water. I was mistaken. Treadmill interval sprinting, starting with 5 minutes sprinting and then 5 minutes walking all the way down 4-3-2-1-.30-.15. I felt really sorry for the girl on the recumbant bike behind me cause she got a lot of repeated views of my ass as after each interval I was bent over in your basic barf position. However no barfing but lots of sweating.
Night time here is very short. Dinner is at 5:30 is followed each night by a lecture on food prep or calories or exercise. When that ends at 7pm I spend a few minutes on the computer but by 8 o'clock I am in bed. I can not remember a week where I have watched less TV, known less about what is going on, knew who won fewer games . It's like 1970 and I get the news the following morning and not at the speed of today.
The rain today gave me a chance to break out the theme song from the second greatest movie of all time, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It falls a small step behind the greatest movie of all time The Sting. If you are going to build a resume of fantastic movies starting with these two is remarkable, add on The World According to Garp and SlapShot and you have reached true genius status and that is where the director of all 4 of these films belongs. Today we salute True Genius, George Roy Hill, the director of all of these timeless masterpieces. Do yourself a favor and rent these movies and enjoy. And enjoy your weekend too. Tomorrow is more hills, some circuit training and a trip to a buffet. And we get to eat 500 calories at the buffet, I'm pretty sure I pick up 400 calories just from sniffing the fried foods on most buffets. Should be interesting. Peace, Jim

No comments: