Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday Morning


"God only knows what I'd be without you"

Brian Wilson, The Beach Boys

It's starting to feel a little like the movie Groundhog Day around here as each day begins the same as the day before but today is day 10 and I am up a little early, I guess falling asleep at 8pm will do that for you. Tuesday began with the dreaded buckwheat pancakes but I was ready for them and begged for just some toast. One of my favorite times of the day and I don't know why is the van ride out to the canyon each morning. It's only 5 minutes long but I find some bit of serenity in that time and that of course is followed by my least favorite time of the day the second step up the mountain.

But I did atleast get one hearty chuckle today about halfway up the mountain. There is and old lady that I cross paths with virtually everyday. Imagine the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz but not that attractive or young looking. Now I have seen this lady almost everyday and said hello and smiled with barely an occassional grunt in return. Today she stops the guide I am walking with and says loud enough so I can hear. "Can you please tell him(me) to stay on the right side of the path, he doesn't look very agile and I don't want him to crash into me." I have to get my day started so I will finish this story later but I'll give you chance to guess my response. Also we will be discussing the greatest piece of American music composed in the last 50 years, a tiny piece of it is todays song quote. Peace, Jim

2 comments:

BobbyC said...

I'll give you chance to guess my response-

"and your little dog too!"
"the last one to go shall see the other 3 go before her!"
"Oz didn't give nothing to the Tin Man that he didn't already have."

Badger Disguised as a Spartan said...

Oh man! Old-woman are crazy! My guess is did you smile politely and then pretend to fall/crash into her? I would giggle if that is what occurred!